About Our Library
ICADV maintains a lending library of over 7000 videos, books, journals and other items. Our library is available to our member programs and to the general public. You may search for items and request them online. You may also email, mail, fax or call in your request to borror library items. Before you request any items, please be sure to read our lending policies below.
How To Borrow From The Library
ICADV's online library database is currently under construction. If you wish to borrow materials from the library, please call ICADV at 217-789-2830 and ask to speak to the librarian.
Library Lending Policies
- A lending period of 30 days is available for books, videos, audiocassettes, and manuals.
- United States residents may borrow up to four books, manuals and/or audiocassettes on one time. Illinois residents may borrow up to four videos at one time. Unfortunately, videos may not be shipped out of state.
- Borrowers will be charged shipping expenses for all materials requested.
- Returning items late will result in a late fee of $.30 per day per item until the item(s) has been received by ICADV.
- If you wish to check out a video you will need to supply a credit card number, expiration date and name on the card. If the video is not returned in a timely manner, the card will be charged for the replacement value of the video. If you do not have a credit card, it may be possible to borrow the item through your local domestic violence program and view them at the local program. This option is left to the discretion of the local domestic violence program. ICADV accepts VISA and MASTERCARD.
- To return items you have borrowed, please use a shipping method that offers package tracking. When returning videos, each video must be insured for $250, with the exception of When Domestic Violence Comes To Work which must be insured for $800.
- Journal articles may be copied at a rate of $.20 per page. Up to ten articles may be copied at one time, but only one copy of each article may be requested. This service is available to United States residents.